Register An Account
Please read the Girl Scout Participant Internet Safety Pledge. Once you have scrolled to the end, you will be able to continue.
Welcome to the Digital Cookie program! This pledge (“Digital Cookie Pledge”) will tell you how you can participate in the Digital Cookie program.
The Digital Cookie program is friends and family driven and, you will be able to create your own Digital Cookie site so that your friends and family can purchase cookies online. You will also learn and practice the five business skills (goal setting, money management, people skills, decision making, and business ethics) in a modern digital setting. Your participation in the Digital Cookie program may be terminated if you do not follow this Girl Scouts Pledge, so please read it carefully! You must agree to this Digital Cookie Pledge by clicking “Accept and Continue” in order to participate in the Digital Cookie program.
I will keep safe online during my participation in the Digital Cookie program:
- I will review with my parent or guardian and make sure that I understand the Internet Safety Pledge, Computer Online Safety Activity Checkpoint, and Girl Scout Cookie Product Sale Safety Activity Checkpoint before I create my Digital Cookie site.
- I will not give out any personal information such as my last name, phone number, email or address, or those of my fellow troop members, cookie customers or anyone else.
- When writing email messages or online announcements, I will sign my first name only.
- I will share only my first name, troop number and council name on my Digital Cookie site.
- I will tell an adult right away if I come across or receive any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will only share the link to my Digital Cookie site with people that I know in real life.
- I will only post about my participation in the Digital Cookie program on social media sites where my friends and family—and not the general public—can see my social media page. This means that I will not post about my participation in the Digital Cookie program on any websites such as Twitter, eBay, Craigslist, or any other website where my posts can be viewed by the public. I understand that my Council may impose other rules about my use of social media under the Digital Cookie program, and I will follow those rules.
I will involve my parent/guardian in my Digital Cookie program activities:
- I will obtain permission from my parent or guardian before participating in the Digital Cookie program.
- I will talk with my parent or guardian so that we can set up rules for going online and participating in the Digital Cookie program.
- I will work with my parent or guardian to build and maintain my Digital Cookie site.
- I will never agree to meet in person with someone I "meet" online through my Digital Cookie site, other than to deliver cookies to customers approved by my parent or guardian for in-person delivery (if applicable), and only if accompanied by my parent or guardian or an adult designated by my parent or guardian.
- I will never share pictures or videos of myself or of anyone else or any other content on my Digital Cookie site without first checking with my parent or guardian.
- If I want to post a video to my Digital Cookie site, I will get my parent or guardian’s approval first and I will adhere to instructions provided by Girl Scouts of the USA for uploading videos. I will follow any other rules about posting videos to my Digital Cookie site provided by Girl Scouts of the USA or my Council. I understand that my parent or guardian will manage my Digital Cookie site for me, including posting any pictures or videos.
I will remember to be a Girl Scout:
- I will comply with this Girl Scouts Digital Cookie Pledge.
- I will not use my Digital Cookie site to sell cookies or take orders for cookies prior to the start of my Council’s Cookie sale period.
- I will maintain my Digital Cookie site, review customer orders bring any customer question or issue to the attention of my parent or guardian and my Council in a prompt manner.
- I will follow all safety guidelines related to Girl Scout product sales and deliveries during my participation in the Digital Cookie program including:
- Always using the buddy system when delivering cookies, and being accompanied by an adult
- Never delivering cookies after dark
- Never entering a customer's home
- I will practice online etiquette (good manners) at all times when online including not using bad language, only sending emails to people I actually know and not spamming others.
- I will not bully nor will I tolerate bullying (and I will always tell a trusted adult if this is a problem) during my participation in the Digital Cookie program.
- I will always follow the rules of Internet sites such as social media platforms, including those rules that are based on age of use and parental approval during my participation in the Digital Cookie program. I understand that Girl Scouts of the USA has no control over or responsibility for any of these other Internet sites.
- I will make sure that my Digital Cookie site only contains appropriate content that I create myself (and do not copy from someone else) in accordance with the Girl Scout Promise and Girl Scout Law and in compliance with the Girl Scout Blue Book.
I understand that my Council may impose additional restrictions relating to the Digital Cookie platform and program, and I will abide by those restrictions.
I will be guided by the Girl Scout Promise and Law in all actions related to the Digital Cookie program.
I also understand and acknowledge that my Digital Cookie site may be temporarily or permanently disabled at the discretion of Girl Scouts of the USA or my Council for any reason, including if there is a security-related issue or an issue relating to any content on a Digital Cookie site.
I understand that the content on the Digital Cookie platform is the intellectual property of Girl Scouts of the USA or certain third parties and is protected by intellectual property law and that material that I am given or shown including videos and other content from http://www.girlscouts.org/MyDCPilot are for my personal viewing purposes only.
This Pledge may be modified by Girl Scouts of the USA at any time by posting a revised Digital Cookie Pledge online. I understand that it is my responsibility to check periodically for any changes to the Digital Cookie Pledge. I agree that my continued participation in the Digital Cookie program after any changes to the Digital Cookie Pledge are posted means that I accept the changes.
I understand and acknowledge that if I do not comply with this Girl Scouts Digital Cookie Pledge in all ways, my participation in the Digital Cookie program may be terminated.
Been here before? Login
We’re sorry. You’re registering with a council that doesn’t match your zip code. Please contact customer service at 1-800-372-8520 to correct the issue.